Costumes are items which change a villager's appearance and provide different career bonuses. Each of the villages has three costumes associated with it. Costumes can be made by tailors using the appropriate Pattern Book. They are consumed on use, meaning they are only usable on a single villager and cannot be recovered even if the costume is removed.
Costumes alter the villager's colors and base. Base changes can include both new clothing and body modifications, and the new base can have a paintie applied to it to further modify its colors and appearance.
Not every villager has artwork for each costume at this time; however, the costume can still be used on villagers without costume artwork, granting the appropriate perks.
|Oceandome||Quetzal Palace||Olde Foxbury||Dragonsmaw Manor||Tigereye Peak|
- Originally there were only six villagers that could wear costumes: Canine (formally Wolf), Cat, Dragon, Fox, Horse, and Rabbit.
- As of the Snow Festival starting on December 14th, 2016, official artwork for the Fluffy costume were added for the Snuffle, Dutch Angel Dragon, Big Cat, Deer, Gembound, and Wickerbeast villagers.
- As of the Serpent Festival starting February 14th, 2017, official artwork for Fairy, Galaxy, and Angelic, where added. Dutch Angel Dragon got art for all 3 costumes, bear got official angelic art, snake got official Galaxy art, skunk got official fairy art. at the start of the Serpents Gala (February 21, 2017) Gryphon also got angelic art.
- Starting February 24th, 2017, Shifties could also have costumes, allowing costume parts to be used in shifty painties as long as the appropriate costume is applied beforehand.
- At the start of the The Olde Foxbury Jousting Tournament, the warrior buff was changed from +5% DMG to +5 battle charges.
- On 2017's June monthly art for Royal gembound, steampunk owl and warrior rat were revealed.